Congressman Ted Poe (R-TX) will be hosting a border forum on September 19th at the University of Texas at Brownsville at 10 a.m. (at the Arts Center, Main Stage). The forum will focus on border crime and violence, with an emphasis on how it affects farmers and ranchers who live and work along the US-Mexico border. All members of the House Judiciary Committee were invited to attend.
Several witnesses will testify on the growing violence and lawlessness along the border. The list of witnesses includes:
1. Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez, Jr., Zapata County, TX
2. Tiffany Hartley, widow of David Hartley
3. Janice Ayala, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Acting Deputy Associate Director
4. Roland Garcia, Special Ranger for the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association
5. Todd Staples, Texas Agriculture Commissioner
6. Steven McCraw, Director, Texas Department of Public Safety
7. Carlos Garcia, Chief of Police, Brownsville Texas
8. Carlos Cascos, Cameron County Judge
9. T.J. Bonner, Former President of the National Border Patrol Council
The forum is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. and should conclude around 1 p.m.