Yesterday, Senate Democrats thwarted the motion to proceed. Now the Senate is going to vote on the motion again at 2:45 pm THIS AFTERNOON! However, FAIR has now learned that there may be attempts to water down the House defunding provisions.
- Call your Senators and demand they vote YES on the motion to proceed to debate.
- Tell them to vote NO on any attempts to water down the House defunding provisions.
- Tell them there is no such thing as a “clean” funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security. Senators will either vote to fund President Obama’s executive amnesty or to defund it.
Yesterday afternoon, Senate Democrats sent a clear message to the American people: they are choosing President Obama’s amnesty programs over funding the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Senate Democrats accomplished this by unanimously voting against the motion to proceed to debate on the House-passed DHS funding bill that defunds President Obama’s executive amnesties. In doing so, seven Democratic Senators (joined by pro-amnesty Senator Dean Heller (R-NV)) broke their promises to oppose the executive amnesty!
By filibustering the Homeland Security funding bill, pro-amnesty Senators are preventing the Senate from debating, or even offering amendments to, the common sense House bill that defunds the executive amnesty. Instead, they are insisting that Congress pass a “clean” funding bill — one that funds President Obama’s executive amnesty — and are willing to stop debate until they get their way.
- You oppose President Obama’s executive amnesty
- You expect them to vote YES on the motion to proceed
- You expect them to vote NO on any attempts to water down the House defunding language
- You want Congress to stop the President’s abuse of power, now and in the future
- You demand that Congress act NOW to rein in President Obama’s abuse of power and restore respect for our immigration laws.
Make your voice heard! To find your Senators, click here.