Last week, the California Legislature passed legislation to prioritize the interests of illegal aliens over citizens and legal residents in an effort to allow illegal aliens to obtain health insurance through the state’s Obamacare exchange. Senate Bill 10 (SB 10) requires the state to seek a waiver from the federal government to allow illegal aliens, who are otherwise ineligible under federal law, to participate in the health care exchange. If Governor Brown Signs SB 10, California will become the first state to make such request.
Call Governor Jerry Brown today at (916) 445-2841 and tell him to veto SB 10! Remind him:
- Just last month, Governor Brown issued a press release warning of a future economic recession stating, “[T]he state’s commitments will exceed expected revenues with annual shortfalls forecasted to exceed $4 billion by 2019 – or worse with an economic slowdown or recession.”
- California already taxpayers already pay over $25.3 billion annually in costs associated with illegal immigration. Because federal law does not allow federal money to be spent on public benefits for illegal aliens, SB 10 will require California taxpayers to completely foot the bill for SB 10, costing California families even more.
- Allowing illegal aliens to enroll on the state’s Obamacare exchange will only encourage more illegal immigration to California.
- SB 10 will reduce quality and access to medical services in the state by drastically increasing demand.
- California lawmakers should prioritize the health and welfare of its citizens and legal residents instead of rewarding lawbreakers.
Please act now! With your help last year, we were able to stop similar legislation from being enacted in California.
For more information on what you can do, contact Susan Tully, FAIR National Field Director.